(Updated September 2017)
Hi there. Sam from Health Skeptic here. I’ve been seeing “fix your back pain” products popping up a lot these days. Unfortunately, a lot of them hook you in with clever marketing but they turn out to be a waste of money (like this one).
But there’s good news. Some back pain relief programs are actually quite effective… even if you have to do a lot of sitting throughout the day.
If you’re living with back pain you want actual solutions and you want them fast. In this post I review Emily Lark’s Back To Life Complete Healthy Back System which is a natural method for fixing your bad back using specific movements that help reduce pain while stretching and strengthening your back and core.
I think it’s one of the best approaches to back pain out there but you can read on and decide for yourself.
About The Back To Life Healthy Back System
The Back To Life program promises a simple set of stretches and movements that will relieve your back pain quickly. Emily Lark developed the program after she struggled with back pain for years.
Conventional wisdom says you should stretch and massage your sore muscles in order to relieve back pain. But according to Emily, that approach doesn’t always work. What most people don’t realize is that it’s usually another muscle group that’s causing your pain. If your shoulders are tight, for example, it’s probably because your chest muscles need proper stretching.
Since most of us get back pain due to our desk/phone/computer-bound lifestyles, we all have similar imbalances and weak spots that must be addressed. The Back To Life system is designed to address these issues so you can finally be free of back pain and all the problems it causes.
Who Is Emily Lark?
Emily Lark is the creator of the Complete Healthy Back System. She has been a fitness and wellness coach since 2004. For over a decade she has been a highly-sought yoga and pilates instructor, teaching at studios throughout the United States. In 2014 she opened her own fitness studio with a mission of providing quality yoga and Pilates instruction to people of all income backgrounds.
According to her website, her life changed when she was in a serious car accident at age 12. The accident didn’t cause major injury at first, but years later she developed crippling back pain that ruined her quality of life. Doctors recommended surgery as the only solution to her pain, but she resisted. Instead, she researched all she could about back pain, and eventually found a ten-minute routine that actually worked. Before long she was pain-free and she remains in good health today.
How Does The Program Work?
The Back To Life system is based on a short-and-sweet routine that you can do as much as you need until you find relief. Emily guides you through the routine, explaining posture and movement in detail. She shows you how to address the most common posture imbalances, and the routine also helps strengthen your core. (Core weakness is one of the biggest culprits behind back pain.)
The routine is demonstrated in videos, and you also get an ebook manual that explains things in even more detail. In addition to that, the program tells you exactly what to do to keep your back healthy and pain-free as you go about your daily life.
Features & Benefits
This system is simple and easy to follow. Instead of hours of useless fluff, you get high-quality instructional videos that get right to the point. Even though the videos aren’t very long, the instructions in them are quite impressive. It teaches you things like:
- A stretch to instantly release your back
- How to properly strengthen your core (the exercise can be done while sitting in your chair)
- Mental techniques to focus your attention away from your pain
- A torso twist to “wring out” your spine
- How to strengthen you glutes while sitting in your chair
- The moves are simple, but she demonstrates advanced options for people who want them
- Static stretches to release your shoulders and neck
- A glute stretch to ease sciatica
- How to lengthen the front and sides of your hips (your hip flexor muscles)
- Neck stretches to combat forward head posture
You also get the “Healthy Back Checklist”, which is an ebook that tells you how to minimize strain and stress on your neck and back during your everyday life. It’s geared toward people who work at a desk, but there’s information for everybody. Topics include:
- How to actually align your posture (you’d be surprised how difficult this is for most of us)
- Steps to minimize pain and tension while working at your desk
- The best ways to sleep if you have back pain, as well as how not to sleep
- Spinal movements you should do each day to maintain full range-of-motion
- Nutrition advice for staying pain free
As you can see, there is a lot of actionable information crammed into this program.
What I Liked About The Complete Healthy Back System
- It gets to the point. She tells you what you need to know and spares you all the unnecessary lectures
- The instructional video is clear. You can tell she is an experienced instructor
- I liked the mindfulness techniques for pain
- You can do this program pretty much anywhere
- Emily Lark is a real person, with her own Youtube channel and everything. (I personally think this makes her more trustworthy, but maybe that’s just me…)
- Fits with a busy schedule
What I Didn’t Like About The Complete Healthy Back System
- Some of the movements could be too intense if you have really severe pain. If that’s the case, check with a doctor before trying this program.
- The program is only available in digital format.
Final Thoughts: Is This Program Worth A Try?
The Back To Life Complete Healthy Back System is a simple sequence of movements and stretches that is meant to erase your back pain. It can be done from your desk, your house, or just about anywhere. Although this program is overall very good, it obviously can’t address every single type of back issue. But it’s definitely worth a try for those of us who deal with back pain and discomfort due to our lifestyles.
Even though some of these stretches and movements are well-known, the sequence is important, and I have not seen anybody else who teaches this unique method. There are plenty of testimonials on her website, which is encouraging. The program is thorough and well-researched and has the potential to help a lot of people who suffer from back pain.
If you suffer from back pain, investing in this program before you do something more drastic like surgery is a no-brainer. If you don’t take care of your back it will only get worse, especially if you do a lot of sitting. And if the program doesn’t work for whatever reason, you can easily refund it within 60 days.
Don’t let things get worse. You owe it to yourself and your loved ones to be healthy. Visit Emily Lark’s website now >>www.erasemybackpain.com<< to get more information.
(Again, if your pain is really severe, or if you have other confounding medical issues, talk to your doctor first.)
P.S. Have questions about the program? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!